I have been nominated for the Liebster award. I’m super excited about this, I just love it when people give their fellows encouragement, a pat on the back or even just a wink and a smile.This is an award that is nominated by bloggers for other bloggers to help people build their followers base (well I guess that’s what it is for!) I was nominated by a beautiful fellow Lupie Mkingr and I nominated her also because she was the first person to comment on my blog, and one of my most regular commentors. I know a few people in my list have had nominations but it’s jut so hard to not make note of them!
The Rules Are:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
•The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
•Provide 11 facts about yourself.
•Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
•Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 Facts about Myself:
1. I read a lot in my spare time. I try to mix genres, author and publishing eras but my favourites are Rebecca by Daphne De Maurier, Catch 22 by Joseph Heller, Sherlock by Arthur Conan Doyle and the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. BIG mention to Daniel Handler/Lemony Snickett also.
2. I watch a lot of TV but few movies. I prefer to connect with characters on a long term basis. My shows include House, Doctor Who, Modern Family, the New Girl, Game of Thrones, Elementary, Dexter, Supernatural, Community, Sherlock BBC and Elementary.
3. I don’t really eat snacks, but I do drink coffee on the level of an addict.
4. I read a lot about philosophy and psychology and like to use this to analyse others’ behaviors in social situations.
5. I’m very honest because I don’t see the benefit of holding back or lying/ withholding information. I also don’t play games or pretend to be a particular way to please people.
6. I suffered for most of my adolescence from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to a childhood experience. Only a couple of people know this.
7. I talk a lot when I am nervous or uncomfortable or when I’m talking about myself. Otherwise I tend to be quiet.
8. I wish I was able to fulfill my natural athleticism and be an Iron Woman.
9. I have achieved everything I really wanted to in my life, except fall in love. To me that is the mot important thing I can do.
10. When I was 15 I wrote 3 novels. They are at the publisher waiting for me to edit the drafts so they can be published.
11. I’m studying a degree in primary and early childhood education. Then I want to do my masters in inclusive education. I want to teach children with learning deficits and develop more meaning and authentic learning experiences for these children, a well a understand and research what is currently missing in mainstream education for learning deficits.
11 Questions for Me from mkingr (Lupusexperience):
1. Why do you blog? I want to help remove the stigma surrounding mental health and chronic or invisible illnesses. I want to provide a perspective full of positivity and (hopefully) inspiration.
2. What are you passionate about? Yoga, of any kind
3. What is one of the funniest or craziest things that you have done? Last year in Summer I traded my top to a stall holder at the Fremantle markets for a hand made leather bound sketch book. I had to walk around Fremantle with just a bikini top on, but I knew my friend had wanted one of the books for a while, so I was happy to do it. I was right, Amy was very excited at her surprise gift.
4. What is your biggest accomplishment? My Ashtanga Yoga 200TTC certification, both for the training and the ability to achieve a level of fitness to make this possible.
5. Do you have any pet peeves? Bad grammar and people that spell their children’s name in a way that is not traditional, purely to be “trendy and clever”. There is NO way this is trendy, or clever. Just. Spell. It. Normally.
6. What is your favorite place in the world that you’ve visited? And if you don’t have a favorite place yet, where would you like to travel to? Munich, Bavaria, Germany or Barcelona, Spain. Both just so beautiful, the people are fantastic!
7. What is your favorite thing(s) to do in your spare time? Read and patchwork. But close seconds are cycling, yoga and Paddle boarding, when my body is ok.
8. If you could change anything about your life, would you? What would you change? If you wouldn’t change anything about your life, then why not? I wouldn’t change anything. Lupus is a burden but it has made me who I am, and I wouldn’t have met the people or had the opportunities I have had without living with Lupus.
9. Do you admire anyone or anything? I admire my folks. They have worked hard to be where they are, and balance their relationship and lives so well. They discuss their decisions without anger, are very good at their work, communicating and managing their money.
10. What is at least one thing that makes you unique? Most people that are regular in my life forget and or don’t realise the extend to which my illness impacts my life.
11. What is one trait that you have that you would like to change? What is a trait that you have that you are proud of? Sometimes I withdraw from people emotionally from a fear of being hurt, I wish I could change this. I m proud of my positive approach to adversity.
11 People I Want to Nominate:
I am a bit concerned that I couldn’t find 11 good blogs that hadn’t already achieved over 200 followers. I also wasn’t sure about nominating people that had already been nominated.
3. Binary This
11. In The Lupus
I am not sure what happens now, but I hope you enjoy the links (and that I have done this properly).
Okay so only a silly billy like me forgets to add the questions- sorry all you good people that were wondering…
(second edit with my 11 questions…)
1. What do you imagine your spirit totem animal is and why?
2. If your life had a theme song what would it be?
3. If you could cast someone to play you in a film remake of your life, who would it be?
4. What is your hidden talent that you would share if you could?
5. What is your biggest fear?
6. Why do you blog?
7. How do you think others see you? How would you like others to see you?
8. If you met yourself at a party, do you think you would be instant friends, or it would take time to get to know you?
9. Who would you most like to meet, alive or dead, from any time?
10. What is your favourite thing to eat and drink?
11. What is the next big thing you want to achieve in your life?